Aquarium Basics: part 1
This article is featured in Redfish Magazine Issue 2, August 2011. Redfish Magazine is available for download totally free of charge. Download your copy today!
In the first instalment of this three part series, Redfish Magazine staff describe the setup of a new freshwater aquarium. Ideal for beginners this article includes advice on:
- What type of aquarium set-up to purchase.
- Positioning of the aquarium in the home or office.
- Weight of aquariums and on what to place your new aquarium.
- Filter basics: Mechanical and biological filtration.
- Water conditioning and the removal of chlorine and chloramine from the tank water.
- Gravels, heating, ideal temperatures and basic aquascaping.
- Hardy aquatic plants for the new aquarist.
Next month we’ll add some fish and describe the filter cycling process.
To read this article in full, download your free copy of the August 2011 edition of Redfish Magazine.